Statistics About Engagement, Wedding and Honeymoon Events
Pollyana Ventura/Getty Images
Weddings, honeymoons, and tourism that is romantic big business—and the data prove it. Exactly exactly exactly How that are big
Look at the after research data, facts and figures collected from a number of industry sources: Engagement Statistics
- 99 % of grooms do the proposing.
- 16 per cent of proposals take place in December.
- The common engagement that is american 15 months.
- The diamond that is average ring is $6,163.
- Men’s engagement bands gained global news attention after Ed Sheeran began putting on one out of 2018. Queries were up 66% on year year.
- 3 away from 4 couples reside together before getting married.
- 13% of engagements try not to result in a marriage.
Throughout the engagement duration, partners purchase:
- $4 billion in furniture
- $3 billion in housewares
- $400 million in tableware
- Every 12 months on average 2.4 million weddings are done within the U.S.
- Today’s median age for
- 23 million
- One-third of these engaged and getting married have already been hitched formerly.
- An overall total of $72 billion is allocated to weddings yearly into the U.S.
- Weddings represent a $50 billion industry that is annual.
- Whom covers the marriage? In 19per cent of instances, it is the
- The typical quantity spent on wedding bands for the few is $1,575.
- The typical quantity invested for a bridal dress is $1,564.
- David’s Bridal reports for 20% of all of the sales that are bridal-gown.
- Queen Victoria, who married Prince Albert in 1840, popularized the white wedding dress. She wore a silk that is white lace gown by having an 18-foot train at their wedding.
- Tuxedoes are usually bought 5-6 months following the bridal dress.
- Bridesmaids’ gowns are generally bought 3-4 months in advance for the occasion.
Destination Wedding Statistics
- 25 % of marriages are location weddings.
- 340,000 location weddings occur every year.
- 80% of partners who possess a location wedding have now been married prior to.
- The location wedding market makes up $16 billion in yearly investing.
- The typical plan for a location wedding is $28,000.
- 60% of location partners pay money for the marriage by themselves.
- The age that is average of location
- The typical amount of visitors at a location wedding: 48.
- Visitors at a location wedding spend on average $673 to wait.
- 9 away from 10 partners state the elements is a key aspect in choosing the location.
- 60% of location weddings happen in a domestic location and 40% worldwide.
- Las Vegas, Nevada (80,000)
- Hawaii (20,000)
- U.S. Virgin Isles (5,100)
- Jamaica (5,000)
- Bahamas (4,000)
- Mexico, Ca, and Flor
- Destination couples invest $8,200 an average of on the honeymoon. That is more than one-third more than old-fashioned wedding partners.
- 73.2 per cent of Us americans have not attended a location wedding.
- 35.5 % of Us Americans see the continue reading occasions as the opportunity to just simply just take a secondary and discover places that are new.
- The major reason that 53.6 % of individuals will never go to a location wedding is cost.
The destinations that are leading out-of-town weddings are: (Figures inside parentheses suggest amount of weddings done yearly. )
Data on When Weddings Take Destination. The essential popular months for weddings to happen are, in this purchase:
- November/April (tie)
Typical Honeymoon Length and Other Data
- Estimated quantity of honeymooners: 1.4 million U.S. Partners each year.
- Among partners whom opt for a wedding that is traditional 99 % will require a honeymoon.
- An average of, the vacation is scheduled 4 months before the wedding.
- The size of a typical vacation is eight times.
- Honeymoons comprise a $12 industry that is billion-dollar-a-year.
- Partners invest on average $4,466 on the vacation. That is 3 x up to the U.S. That is average adult on a secondary. Deluxe honeymooners, which account fully for 15% associated with market, invest on average $9,954 and holiday for 11 times.
- The typical vacation will price 14 per cent associated with the wedding spending plan.
- 62% of partners pay money for a majority of their vacation by themselves. Additionally see: “Who will pay for the Honeymoon? “
- Ten percent of newlyweds carry on a cruise to commemorate their honeymoon.
- 75% of partners honeymooned in the united states and Canada within the last few five years. *
- Most popular United States vacation destinations: Hawaii, Flor
- Only one in 4 partners continue their fantasy vacation.
- 80% of honeymooners within the last five years utilized media that are social research their locations. *
- 48% of honeymooners see Twitter while away.
- 57 per cent of same-sex partners have a vacation after their ceremony (almost all whom do—65 percent—are lesbians)
- Hawaii could be the preferred location for both homosexual and right vacation partners.
Data on Honeymoon Customer Purchases. Related Wedding Data
In a Bridal Guide survey, marriage partners indicated those items they certainly were almost certainly to obtain for vacation travel:
- Wardrobe = 70.1percent
- Swimsuit = 69.9%
- Sunglasses = 69.9per cent
- Sunscreen = 57.8per cent
- Luggage = 49.7%
- 3% of brides want to signal a prenuptial contract.
- 80% of brides intend to change their title after wedding.
Romantic Getaways Stats
- The Travel business of America describes a getaway that is romantic “a vacation by having a partner or other love interest without kids to rekindle the intimate emotions into the relationship. “
- Maried people are tourists: Married households represent the group that is largest of people, with 61 per cent of most trips being taken by married households. Solitary households took 21 % associated with the trips.
- Romantic holidays are well-liked by all People in america, particularly married people. Thirty-one % of U.S. Grownups (61.8 million People in the us) sa
- The typical tourist took 2.5 intimate trips into the year that is past.
- Intimate tourists have actually a typical household that is annual of $67,000, in comparison with other U.S. Grownups, with the average earnings of $45,000.
- Intimate people without young ones inside their households took more getaways within the previous 12 months than intimate people with kiddies (3.1 vs. 1.9 trips, correspondingly).
- The type of surveyed, they certainly were the most used forms of intimate getaways taken by People in the us:
- Visiting a populous city for dining & activity – 74%
- Getaways to beaches and/or lakes – 44%
- Gambling getaways – 21%
- Golf/tennis getaways – 12%
- Cruises – 12%
- Skiing trips – 7%
- Of partners surveyed whom took a getaway that is romantic the very last year, one-half took one particular journey (51%), one-fourth took two intimate trips into the previous 12 months (26%), plus one in ten (10%) enjoyed 5 or even more vacations a deux per year.
Allianz Global Assistance United States Of America 2019American Express investing & preserving TrackerAssociation of Bridal ConsultantsBridal GuideCNN MoneyConde Nast Bridal Group “2009 wedding that is americanDestination Weddings & Honeymoons magazineDestinations Wedding Report through the Wedding Report 2013Fairchild Bridal InfobankThe Knot’s Honeymoon Survey The Knot’s Real Weddings SurveyLyst’s Wedding Report Mediapost. ComNational Bridal ServiceNational Center for Health Statistics”You’re Getting hitched, ” The New Yorker, 4/21/03The Wedding ReportTravel business Association of AmericaTravel WeeklyU.S. Census BureauWestin’s research of Honeymoon styles, 2016
These details on honeymoon and wedding statistics ended up being final updated on 5/19.